Checkout.com Is an International Payment Platform that Processes Different Payment Methods Across a Variety of Currencies.
Its fee structure depends on a number of factors such as card type, merchant’s location, and the consumer’s issuing bank, with fees passed directly to the merchant.
Available Checkout solutions include:
- Unified payments platform
- Reporting and data solutions
- Fraud protection
Founded in 2012, Checkout.com seeks to streamline checkout integration for merchants. They enable merchants to accept major credit cards, some digital wallets, and some local payment methods and domestic cards and has a presence in Europe among other regions.
What Does Checkout.com Do?
Checkout.com is newer to the payment gateway world. Checkout.com serves a wider range of businesses, from mid-sized to enterprise, and touts itself as a full payment processing platform offering international coverage with customizable solutions.
- Merchant Experience – Checkout.com tries to make its product as customizable as possible so that merchants can integrate it as an infrastructure partner for their products. However, their integrations are more limited with just 50+ partners.
- Cross-Border Payments – Checkout.com supports processing in nearly 50 countries with most major payment methods supported, including cards, digital wallets, and local payment methods. Their largest presence is in Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East.
- Pricing – Checkout.com pricing varies based on your business type and risk profile.
Checkout.com Pros and Cons
- At the moment, Checkout.com offers a more customizable solution for businesses with regard to platform and pricing structure.
- Serves businesses of different sizes from mid-sized businesses to enterprise clients
- Checkout.com is a newer platform that does not support as many countries or currencies as competitors.
- Their market strength is mainly in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe, but less so in the US and other regions
- Offers fewer (50+) integrations.
- Not suitable for companies with brick-and-mortar payments needs like POS transactions, receipt printing
Want a Better Solution for Global Payments than Checkout.com?
Rapyd offers simple, pay-as-you-go pricing that lets you offer locally preferred payments to power growth around the globe. We offer significantly lower fees for businesses domiciled in Europe, Ireland and the UK making us a highly competitive option for European businesses and beyond.
- Don’t wait, start selling today
- Accept payments worldwide
- Fast, reliable customer service
- Works with popular eCommerce platforms
Rapyd makes it easy to reach billions of customers by accepting cards and local payments worldwide.