Senior Director for Financial Crime Technologies
For companies hellbent on growth, Rapyd is the global fintech partner that simplifies and advances commerce in every market. Rapyd lets you build bold. Liberate global commerce with all the tools your business needs to create payment, payout and fintech experiences everywhere. From famous Fortune 500s to ambitious neighborhood upstarts, our payments network and powerful fintech platform make it easy to pay suppliers and get paid by customers—locally or internationally.
With offices in the UK, Tel-Aviv, the US, Mexico, Singapore, Iceland, Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Dubai, we know what it takes to make cross-border commerce as friction-free as being next door. We’re boldly building it- so you can grow your business.
By building the largest local payments network, we are unleashing global opportunities, letting businesses reach new markets faster, and giving more consumers access to innovative goods and services.Built from the ground up as a global organization, diversity is in our DNA. We have offices in London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, California, and Reykjavik, and employees in a dozen locations around the world. Our investors include Stripe, General Catalyst, Oak FT, Tiger Global, Durable Capital, Target Global, and Tal Capital.
If you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company that’s disrupting the payments industry by building transformative technology, then join our team and play a pivotal role in developing the future of fintech.We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Director for Financial Crime and AML Technologies to join our team in Israel.
This individual will play a pivotal role in shaping the holistic vision of Rapyd’s compliance and financial crimes products and payment experiences for their customers.
- Compliance Guidance on how to develop AML products and solutions: Provide guidance to the product and development teams throughout the development process regarding professional AML (Anti-Money Laundering) aspects, ensuring that the solutions align with regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Vision and Strategy: assist in articulating a comprehensive vision and strategy for Rapyd’s AML and financial crimes products, including customers’ onboarding processes, sanction screening, transaction monitoring, financial crime case management, and ongoing review of new RegTech solutions.
- Transactions Monitoring: guide data analysts in conducting ongoing enhanced transactions monitoring products, based on rules, patterns and clusters, and provide professional guidance on AML patterns and typologies. In addition, assist in improving the monitoring systems, based on a broad understanding of AML and Financial crime needs in order to detect and prevent financial crimes, instructing technological teams to monitor essential financial crime elements.
- Technology Assessment and new RegTech solutions: Conduct ongoing reviews of current and emerging RegTech technologies and AML vendors, evaluating their relevance to Rapyd’s products, and recommending improvements and enhancements as needed.
- Automation and Reliability: Improve the automation and reliability of customer onboarding and ongoing transaction monitoring processes, ensuring efficient AML compliance without compromising user experience.
- Regulatory Bridge: Act as the bridge between regulatory requirements and technological implementation, translating compliance needs into effective technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent banking experience; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years experience in AML compliance and deep understanding of AML detection and monitoring. The ideal candidate must possess a deep understanding of Anti-Money Laundering principles, risks and practices, with significant experience in designing and implementing AML strategies within financial technology environments.
- Technological Expertise: Extensive experience in both rule-based and pattern-based systems is essential. The candidate should have a proven track record of successfully leading technology-focused teams and projects in the financial crime and compliance domain.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the latest trends and advancements in RegTech and financial crime technologies is crucial. Understanding the challenges and complexities of AML compliance in the fintech industry will be a distinct advantage.
- Leadership Skills: The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership abilities, the capacity to collaborate across various teams, and the skill to mentor and guide technical and non-technical staff effectively.
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Thinking: A proactive problem-solving approach and analytical mindset are essential to tackle the unique challenges associated with financial crime technologies and regulatory compliance.
- Adaptability: As a senior member of our team, the candidate should be adaptable to evolving industry dynamics and be able to respond effectively to changing regulatory landscapes.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and to interact with clients, partners, and regulatory authorities.