Senior Compliance Operations Analyst
Africa is on the cusp of an economic revolution. While Internet- and banking-penetration have come late to Africa, a youth-driven tidal wave of change is sweeping across the continent. As a result, both global businesses and local champions are in a race to unlock its potential.
In partnership with Rapyd, the fastest growing Fintech-as-a-Service platform, and Multichoice, the largest entertainment platform on the African continent, we are building a payments platform that is capable of meeting the ambitions of the next generation.
This is truly the Moment for Africa.
As a payments business operating in a highly regulated space, compliance sits at the heart of everything we do. We are therefore looking for an experienced individual to spearhead our Compliance Operations function.
- Establishing operational processes to safely onboard network partners, primarily other payment companies, merchants, and end users onto our platform using a combination of manual and automated tools to meet our Know Your Customer (KYC / KYB), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) obligations across multiple jurisdictions
- Monitoring and researching customer accounts and money transfers for Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions violations, negative media alerts, and Terms of Service (TOS) violations
- Acting as the first line of defense by creating and monitoring case queues to identify, triage, and assess potentially high-risk and priority cases which may be escalated
- Actively working cases and compliance operations queues in a timely manner to ensure service levels are maintained including assessing suspicious activities and filing SARs
- Monitoring compliance with data privacy legislation and regulations and establishing frameworks for compliant data usage and flows
- Reviewing existing merchants’ portfolios and conducting periodic Know Your Business (KYB) refreshers
- Working with the Chief Compliance Officer to develop a set of KPI’s and reporting tools to assist with monitoring and reporting – both internally and at board level
- Operating in a dynamic environment that provides the ability to learn, recommend, and implement new and improved ways of working
- At least 4 years of experience with performing KYB and/or business underwriting processes
- Knowledgeable of external compliance rules, regulations, and policies related to the payments industry including FATF and local implementations of FATF guidelines
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Must display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service
- Background in transaction monitoring is an advantage
- CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with work experience in a primarily English-speaking environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Operations
- Lived, worked, or studied in – or simply have a passion for – Africa