Sales Development Representative
- Commercial Sales
For companies hellbent on growth, Rapyd is the global fintech partner that simplifies and advances commerce in every market.
Rapyd lets you build bold. Liberate global commerce with all the tools your business needs to create payment, payout and fintech experiences everywhere. From famous Fortune 500s to ambitious neighborhood upstarts, our payments network and powerful fintech platform make it easy to pay suppliers and get paid by customers—locally or internationally.
With offices in Amsterdam, London, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Denver, Dubai, Miami, Singapore, Iceland and Hong Kong, we know what it takes to make cross-border commerce as friction-free as being next door. We’re boldly building it—so you can grow your business.
Get the tools to grow globally at www.rapyd.net. Follow: Blog, Insta, LinkedIn, Twitter
Reporting into the Head of Sales EMEA, the Sales Development Representative will be responsible for exciting new business opportunities and helping to drive sales pipeline growth for the EMEA sales team. You will be working closely with the highly experienced Sales and Marketing team members to grow specific sales verticals and use a data-driven approach to generate and move leads through the sales cycle.
The primary focus of this role is researching target accounts and performing outreach through emails, calls, and social media. You will be developing relationships with prospects, while acting as the initial point of contact.
As a member of the EMEA sales team, you will benefit from the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by seasoned sales professionals, enabling great growth opportunities. On top of that you will have the exclusive opportunity to contribute and develop the SDR team policies and strategies.
- Collaborating with the sales team members to grow our pipeline in specific industry verticals and support the acquisition of new accounts in the EMEA region
- Research industry verticals in EMEA to identify and generate potential leads that match with Rapyd’s value proposition
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Initiating contacts with potential customers by performing outreach through emails, calls, and social media
- Establishing and building strong relationships with customers to identify their needs and qualify their interests
- Presenting product information to customers after identifying their needs
- Managing outreach tools, lists building, and email nurturing tools
- Maintain all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in Rapyd’s CRM
- Providing in-depth information to the sales team to enable the most qualified and productive sales calls
- Moving leads through the sales funnel, connecting them to the sales team and scheduling meetings
- Performing regular follow up calls or emails and identify new potential needs
- Reporting on activities and results to sales management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a SDR or similar role, with a proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Payments experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales prospecting techniques like cold calling, cold emailing and social outreach
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with outstanding listening skills
- Ability to build rapport, influence others and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Capability of understanding customer pain points & requirements and translating these into solutions
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product’s selling points
- Proficiency in English required, any other European language nice to have
- Experience working with Salesforce, Outreach or other modern sales tools
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Financial acumen, comfortable with data and ability to interpret it
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection or failure
- Team Player with a customer obsession
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, able to work independently and with a strong desire to compete and win
- Good time management skills
- Proven, creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills