Africa is on the cusp of an economic revolution. While Internet- and banking-penetration have come late to Africa, a youth-driven tidal wave of change is sweeping across the continent. As a result, both global businesses and local champions are in a race to unlock its potential.
In partnership with Rapyd, the fastest growing Fintech-as-a-Service platform and Multichoice, the largest entertainment platform on the African continent, we are building the payments platform that is capable of meeting the ambitions of the next generation.
This is truly the Moment for Africa.
We are building the core engineering team that will be based in Dubai. We are looking for dynamic, impactful, thoughtful and *hands-on* teammates to build and deliver an integrated payment network to scale our platform across Africa
As an Integration Engineer, you will exhibit both great back-end and front-end skill, and be driving the growth and scale of our African network.
- Integrating payment network partners into our platform, including banks, real time payment platforms, switches, mobile money platforms, eWallets, payment aggregators and gateways, issuing platforms, point-of-sale platforms, and other network partners
- Developing our complete integration for each payment method and partner, primarily on the back-end, but developing front end and service components as required, primarily in Node.js / Typescript
- Ensuring highly scalable and reliable services, including designing and implementing low latency, highly available services, and deploying them within the AWS PCI-DSS environment
- Operating in a dynamic environment which provides the ability to learn, recommend, and implement new technologies
- At least 3 years’ experience of back-end development
- Experience with:
- Highly scalable Server-side solutions
- SQL and NoSQL
- Jira / Confluence
- Fully cloud-based architecture (AWS preferred)
- Ability to work and learn in a multi-technology environment
- Excellent English skills and work-experience in an English environment
- Demonstrated experience delivering scalable online payments solutions, both developing new solutions, and integrating best in class payment platforms built by others
- Experience working on solutions for a super-regional or in a global audience where scale, flexibility, and performance matter
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science or another relevant Engineering discipline
- Lived, worked or studied in – or simply have a passion for – Africa