Full Stack Team Leader
- Team Leader
Africa is on the cusp of an economic revolution. While Internet- and banking-penetration have come late to Africa, a youth-driven tidal wave of change is sweeping across the continent. As a result, both global businesses and local champions are in a race to unlock its potential.
In partnership with Rapyd, the fastest growing Fintech-as-a-Service platform and Multichoice, the largest entertainment platform on the African continent, we are building the payments platform that is capable of meeting the ambitions of the next generation.
This is truly the Moment for Africa.
We are building the core engineering team based in Dubai. We are looking for dynamic, impactful, thoughtful and *hands-on* leaders to build and deliver both the team and the integrated payment network to scale our network and platform across Africa.
As an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for driving the growth and scale of Moment’s network as both a player and a coach – as a scrum team lead and doing hands-on delivery with the team.
- Managing a small scrum team of engineers and QA who are fully accountable for their entire software stack
- Working closely with Product Management to align on the priorities, and do up-front discovery before work gets underway
- Integrating payment network partners into our platform, including banks, real time payment platforms, switches, mobile money platforms, eWallets, payment aggregators and gateways, issuing platforms, point-of-sale platforms, and other network partners
- Ensuring highly scalable and reliable services, including designing and implementing low latency, highly available services, and deploying them within the AWS PCI-DSS environment
- Designing and setting up critical Architecture to integrate with our network partners, Rapyd’s core infrastructure, and key platforms such as AWS
- Operating in a dynamic environment which provides the ability to learn, recommend, and implement new technologies
- At least 4 years’ experience as a senior engineering lead. You should be able to evidence strong leadership capabilities in managing high-performing delivery teams
- Experience with:
- Highly scalable Server-side solutions
- SQL and NoSQL
- Jira / Confluence
- Fully cloud-based architecture (AWS preferred)
- Demonstrated experience delivering scalable online payments solutions, both developing new solutions, and integrating best in class payment platforms built by others
- Management experience in a fast-paced tech environment
- Lived, worked or studied in – or simply have a passion for – Africa