Director of Payment Operations
For companies hellbent on growth, Rapyd is the global fintech partner that simplifies and advances commerce in every market.
Rapyd lets you build bold. Liberate global commerce with all the tools your business needs to create payment, payout and fintech experiences everywhere. From famous Fortune 500s to ambitious neighborhood upstarts, our payments network and powerful fintech platform make it easy to pay suppliers and get paid by customers—locally or internationally.
With offices in London, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Denver, Dubai, Miami, Singapore, Iceland and Hong Kong, we know what it takes to make cross-border commerce as friction-free as being next door. We’re boldly building it—so you can grow your business.
Rapyd is looking for a Director of Payment Operations to lead an international team of specialists and generalists that are in charge of running payments operations for our global network. You will report to the VP of Operations and work side by side with Financial Operations and Compliance Operations amongst other groups.
This role has critical responsibilities and requires a unique combination of skills and experience. If you want to manage processes end to end, take ownership for making sure that a multitude of currencies around the globe is routed correctly, have oversight on hundreds of clients and partners and continuously improve our offering, we have just the job for you.
As the Director of Payment Operations you will:
- Manage an international team of payment operations experts in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas to ensure payments made by customers or businesses are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Lead the team in resolution of payment transaction issues, broader program monitoring and continual improvement feedback loop to process and product changes
- Drive Product requirements and prioritizations to make sure our offering continuously improves
- Oversee the second line of customer support when it comes to matters impacting our payment network day to day and the onboarding and usage of the network by customers or businesses
- Tracking payments to vendors and reviewing payment status to identify any issues that may have occurred during processing
- Develop root cause analysis of systematic issues, using data driven techniques and wholistic recommendation of resolutions
- Ensure that clients issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Act as the ultimate QA for reviewing complex challenges impacting our ability to provide services to clients
- Proactively and independently lead and complete projects and process improvements to enhance payment throughput, speed and efficiency
- Act as the primary point of contact with operational support teams of Network Partners in resolving issues
- Own key metrics of customer success such as improvements on conversion rate and reduction in failed customer interactions (FCI)
- 8+ years in a payment operations capacity
- 3+ years of leadership experience of international teams of 5 or more
- 3+ years in a technology company (FinTech and/or payments is a must)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Operations – advantage
- English at a very high level (all communication is done in English, verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced analytical, cross-referencing and deductive reasoning skills, with demonstrated history of systematically solving large enterprise operational issues successfully
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure and able to make sound decisions under pressure
- Must display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service
- Advanced diplomacy skills, with ability to navigate both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated history of building, developing and managing a high performing global team