Director of Governance and Compliance, APAC
Rapyd is a financial technology company that allows businesses to accept and make payments anywhere, using any method. By building the largest local payments network, we are unleashing global opportunities, letting businesses reach new markets faster, and giving more consumers access to innovative goods and services.
Built from the ground up as a global organization, diversity is in our DNA. We have offices in London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, California, and Reykjavik, and employees in a dozen locations around the world. Our investors include Stripe, General Catalyst, Oak FT, Tiger Global, Durable Capital, Target Global, and Tal Capital.
If you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company that’s disrupting the payments industry by building transformative technology, then join our team and play a pivotal role in developing the future of fintech.
In this role, you will ensure that Rapyd continues to encourage a culture of compliance by managing our regulatory compliance and AML / CFT programs effectively in line with regulatory requirements in Singapore and across APAC.
You’ll play a fundamental role in building and operating a best in class regulatory compliance program as Rapyd launches in new APAC markets and expands its product offerings in existing markets.
You will run programs for regulatory compliance and AML/ CFT, coordinating across compliance, operation, business, product, and risk pillars and owners, to guarantee that Rapyd meets the applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
- Be accountable for creating and implementing a scalable compliance framework across first and second line compliance responsibilities to ensure Rapyd meets its regulatory licenses and compliance obligations for its regulated entities across APAC.
- Outline and implement policies, processes, systems, governance and internal controls for the compliance program, to ensure licensing commitments and legal conditions are met and followed.
- Overseeing Rapyd’s financial crimes program in APAC, including working with local managers and staff, as well as global colleagues to support anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) efforts.
- Monitor product launches and/or changes in business models in APAC to ensure that local regulatory programs reflect such developments and their accompanying regulatory requirements, including timely notifications to regulators.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all APAC regulatory compliance matters, and build relationships with regulators and financial associates. Clarify requirements and negotiate with regulatory bodies on behalf of Rapyd when required.
- Lead and supervise the local compliance teams with ongoing knowledge sharing, training, and enhancing the collaboration.
- Produce regulatory compliance performance reports for management/ board, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Respond to audits and regulatory assessments and remediate any issues identified from report findings.
- At least 10 years of joint related experience from a top law firm, government agency, and/or in-house regulatory compliance role (preferably in a financial industry) – A Must.
- Experience interacting with financial regulators in APAC – A Must
- A degree in Law- an advantage.
- Proven experience operationalizing regulatory and licensing requirements in jurisdictions across APAC – A Must
- Proven managerial experience – A Must
- A solid experience building compliance programs and procedures
- Experience building and managing efficient and effective teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in both English and Mandarin.
- Availability to travel on-demand and attending outside working hours meetings