Director of Corporate Development
- Corporate Development, Partnerships and Financial Network
For companies hellbent on growth, Rapyd is the global fintech partner that simplifies and advances commerce in every market.
Rapyd lets you build bold. Liberate global commerce with all the tools your business needs to create payment, payout and fintech experiences everywhere. From famous Fortune 500s to ambitious neighborhood upstarts, our payments network and powerful fintech platform make it easy to pay suppliers and get paid by customers—locally or internationally.
With offices in London, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Denver, Dubai, Miami, Singapore, Iceland and Hong Kong, we know what it takes to make cross-border commerce as friction-free as being next door. We’re boldly building it—so you can grow your business.
Rapyd’s Corporate Development team is responsible for driving the company’s global inorganic growth through sourcing, assessing, executing and integrating Rapyd’s acquisitions and strategic investment opportunities. We are looking to add a Corporate Development Director to lead the scale up of Rapyd and to support the execution of internal strategic projects. In this role, you will report to the VP of Corporate Development at Rapyd and work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer and other management team members.
This role is instrumental to execute the 2025 Rapyd target of achieving 30% of total growth through inorganic opportunities.
In this role you will responsible for:
- Sourcing and screening prospective target opportunities, understanding fit with Rapyd’s global roadmap, performing strategic and quantitative analysis, executing due diligence, determining appropriate valuation and structure, developing strategy for and conducting negotiations, driving activities to closure, and coordinating our cross-functional integration team
- Leading the post-merger integration process of new acquisitions in direct contact with Rapyd’s global management team
- Managing end-to-end the M&A pipeline for Rapyd, including owning the relationship with a network of advisors including investment banks and VCs
- Leading the preparation of strategic studies for Rapyd’s management team (e.g. Go-to-market strategies for specific products, competitive assessments per product line, identification of internal growth initiatives, support internal processes and OKR definitions)
- Researching adjacent markets, monitor competitors, and identify key trends impacting Rapyd
- The successful candidate for this role should possess an innate curiosity for learning about new companies, their technologies, and their capabilities
- First and foremost, passionate about fintech, bold, and willing to work in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty and pace of change
- 6-10 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, venture capital or private equity. Prior experience working in a startup is preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry and exposure to payments business models
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives and external business partners (eg. external CEOs, networking events, C-suite, Engineering/Product, Operations)
- Experience working with different cultures, and strong intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel globally for several days at a time, and up to 25% overall