São Paulo, Brazil
Corporate Development Associate
- Corporate Development, Partnerships and Financial Network
For companies hellbent on growth, Rapyd is the global fintech partner that simplifies and advances commerce in every market.
Rapyd lets you build bold. Liberate global commerce with all the tools your business needs to create payment, payout and fintech experiences everywhere. From famous Fortune 500s to ambitious neighborhood upstarts, our payments network and powerful fintech platform make it easy to pay suppliers and get paid by customers—locally or internationally.
With offices in London, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Denver, Dubai, Miami, Singapore, Iceland and Hong Kong, we know what it takes to make cross-border commerce as friction-free as being next door. We’re boldly building it—so you can grow your business.
Rapyd’s Corporate Development team is responsible for driving the company’s global inorganic growth through sourcing, assessing, executing and integrating Rapyd’s acquisitions and strategic investment opportunities. We are looking to add a Corporate Development Associate to lead the scale up of Rapyd and to support the execution of internal strategic projects. In this role, you will report to the VP of Corporate Development at Rapyd and work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer and other management team members.
This role is instrumental to execute the 2025 Rapyd target of achieving 30% of total growth through inorganic opportunities.
In this role you will responsible for:
- Supporting the entirety of the M&A and investment process including strategy, sourcing, diligence, execution and post-merger integration
- Owning the financial modeling for deals, including accretion/dilution, DCF, ROI, comparable analysis, and other market models
- Executing a robust and comprehensive process of identifying and evaluating potential opportunities, including a rigorous idea generation and screening process that will bring quality acquisition and investment ideas to the company’s management team
- Assisting with the preparation of strategic studies for Rapyd’s management team (e.g. Go-to-market strategies for specific products, competitive assessments per product line, identification of internal growth initiatives, supporting internal processes like OKR definitions)
- Researching adjacent markets, monitoring competitors and identifying key trends impacting Rapyd and the global payments landscape
- Presenting at meetings with confidence and negotiate M&A deals with composure, objectivity, balancing diplomacy with the ability to drive to outcomes that are in Rapyd’s best interests
- The successful candidate for this role should possess an innate curiosity for learning about new companies, their technologies, and their capabilities
- First and foremost, passionate about fintech, bold, and willing to work in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty and pace of change
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, corporate strategy. Prior experience working in a startup is preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry and exposure to payments business models
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives and external business partners (eg. external CEOs, networking events, C-suite, Engineering/Product, Operations)
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with different cultures, and strong intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel globally for several days at a time, and up to 25% overall
- Spanish fluency is a plus