Chief Compliance Officer
- Risk & Compliance
Africa is on the cusp of an economic revolution. While Internet- and banking-penetration have come late to Africa, a youth-driven tidal wave of change is sweeping across the continent. As a result, both global businesses and local champions are in a race to unlock its potential.
In partnership with Rapyd, the fastest growing Fintech-as-a-Service platform, and Multichoice, the largest entertainment platform on the African continent, we are building a payments platform that is capable of meeting the ambitions of the next generation.
This is truly the Moment for Africa.
We are looking for a dynamic, impactful Chief Compliance Officer to help scale a world-class startup across 50 countries in Africa while managing our compliance program, including licensing, policy development, implementation, reporting, and regulatory filing.
As a key early leader, you will be asked to wear many hats, including helping operationalize our merchant onboarding, compliance, and AML processes, ongoing monitoring, and relationship management with our partners and merchants related to risk and compliance issues.
- Building an effective compliance function and team from the ground up, at the Group level, and across our local subsidiaries in Africa
- Design, implement and monitor relevant policies and procedures, including Onboarding, KYB, AML, CTF, ongoing Monitoring, Privacy (including data protection), Training and Communication, Testing, Audit and Governance
- Establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies
- Developing a set of KPI’s and reporting tools to assist with monitoring and reporting – both internally and at the board level
- Embracing a proactive approach with local regulators – from frequent communication and management of key relationships to developing an in-depth understanding of regulatory change
- At least 12 years in compliance and 4+ years in a comparable senior compliance position in payments, financials services, or a related industry
- Experience designing and implementing key compliance pillars in a startup environment, e.g. AML, CTF, Onboarding Risk Management, Anti-Bribery, data privacy, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant discipline, such as Law, Economics, Forensic Accounting, Risk Management, Finance, etc.
- Management experience in a fast-paced tech environment
- Lived, worked or studied in – or simply have a passion for – Africa