Sales Manager - Partnership Team
- Commercial Sales
For companies hellbent on growth, Rapyd is the global fintech partner that simplifies and advances commerce in every market.
Rapyd lets you build bold. Liberate global commerce with all the tools your business needs to create payment, payout and fintech experiences everywhere. From famous Fortune 500s to ambitious neighborhood upstarts, our payments network and powerful fintech platform make it easy to pay suppliers and get paid by customers—locally or internationally.
With offices in London, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Denver, Dubai, Miami, Singapore, Iceland and Hong Kong, we know what it takes to make cross-border commerce as friction-free as being next door. We’re boldly building it—so you can grow your business.
Following the recent acquisition of Valitor, a leading European acquirer that offers a best-in-class card acquiring platform for Payment Facilitators and ISO’s, Rapyd is expanding its Business development team targeting Payment Facilitators and ISO’s.
This position is Amsterdam based
The partnership sales team supports fast growing innovative partners like Mollie, Klarna, Paymentsense, and Littlepay, servicing thousands of small to mid-size merchants using our strong product offering for both Card Present and Card Not Present (POS).
This role is focusing on expanding the partnership channel through proactive out-reach to targeted potential Payment Facilitators (PF) and ISO’s in Europe or looking to enter Europe. The sales manager is responsible for building and maintaining a strong healthy pipeline of qualified deals. This involves prospecting, negotiating and closing large deal sizes and requires a consultative selling approach.
Negotiations with partners are held at C-level, and experience of negotiating at this level is required. Rapyd is working in a fast paced environment and the right candidate for the role is a self starter who can hit the ground running and is driven to deliver results. Previous payments or fintech sales experience combined with API driven technology is preferred.
The role reports to the Head of Partnership Sales and will involve traveling to meet prospective partners across Europe.
- Expanding the partner channel by identifying and qualifying new prospective partners
- Managing sales process from introduction to signed contracts
- Achieving sales goals
- Optimizing revenue delivery
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Representing Valitor at events
- Working closely with the product team, support, marketing and management to continuously drive the best experience for our existing and potential partners
The successful candidate will be someone of the caliber and ability to make an immediate impact. They will need to be comfortable working in a business that operates at pace and cutting through any complexity. They will have intellectual horsepower, resilience and strong interpersonal skills to get different teams aligned for large projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- Minimum 8 years prior sales experience with a proven track record of building robust partnerships and relationships
- Remarkable acumen in meeting/exceeding sale targets
- Confidence negotiating at C-level
- Understanding of solution-led-selling/consultative selling
- Demonstrated ability to uncover/resolve critical issues and deliver exceptional customer service
- Deep understanding of the payments world
- Highly articulate and able to simplify complexity
- Good understanding of technology
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload within a fast-paced environment
- A strong communicator and a team player
- Excellent people, project and time management skills
- Ability to understand an organization’s business drivers, challenges and pain points
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Amsterdam based. Hybrid, 3 days from the office