R&D Director - Backend group
Rapyd is a financial technology company that allows businesses to accept and send payments anywhere.
We invented Fintech-as-a-Service and we are redefining global commerce by powering fintech applications for businesses like Ikea, Uber, and Rappi. Now we’re building the world’s best team to help fuel our hyper-growth get to the next level. If you like to work hard, play harder, dream the impossible and be part of building the next generation of talent for a world-class company, then we really need to hear from you.
What’s In It For You?
In the last year, we’ve raised over $600 million in funding with the world’s most prestigious VCs, launched our own venture capital arm and we’ve been named as one of Forbes’ best, brightest, and most valuable private companies in the cloud. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits and the opportunity to work in a fast-growing company, our success is your success.
We believe in giving our employees the resources and support to expand and gain new skills and develop their careers. Take off in an environment where each employee is empowered to follow their own development plan, explore growth opportunities and get guidance from mentors and colleagues.
- Lead a group of backend R&D teams
- Report to VP Core API R&D
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all the activities of the software development group
- Monitor metrics and objectives to meet expected goals, timelines, and quality
- Collaborate with Product Management and Customer Success organizations
- Constantly enhance the development lifecycle from design to delivery
- Recruit, retain, develop and mentor top talent engineers and leads
- Proven experience of 5+ years in a relevant role
- Proficient in software development methodologies and Agile practices
- Proficient in finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Extensive experience in managing development and deployment of highly-scaled production-grade cloud solutions
- Solid critical-thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Fluent English
- Fintech domain background – advantage