Privacy and Commercial Legal Counsel
Rapyd is a financial technology company that allows businesses to accept and send payments anywhere.
We invented Fintech-as-a-Service and we are redefining global commerce by powering fintech applications for businesses like Ikea, Uber, and Rappi. Now we’re building the world’s best team to help fuel our hyper-growth get to the next level. If you like to work hard, play harder, dream the impossible and be part of building the next generation of talent for a world-class company, then we really need to hear from you.
What’s In It For You?
In the last year, we’ve raised over $600 million in funding with the world’s most prestigious VCs, launched our own venture capital arm and we’ve been named as one of Forbes’ best, brightest, and most valuable private companies in the cloud. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits and the opportunity to work in a fast-growing company, our success is your success.
We believe in giving our employees the resources and support to expand and gain new skills and develop their careers. Take off in an environment where each employee is empowered to follow their own development plan, explore growth opportunities and get guidance from mentors and colleagues.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide variety of commercial agreements including NDAs, vendor agreements, marketing and partnership agreements, and ensure that all commercial agreements adequately protect the company’s interests
- Review, draft, and negotiate agreements and business activities that comply with the company’s policies
- Provide general legal support to our global business on an as-needed basis
- Provide legal advice and support on a wide variety of privacy matters (legislation updates, regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, best practices, EU decisions etc.) in EMEA, Israel, the US and APAC
- Help to establish, draft and maintain appropriate company wide policies and procedures (both general and regional) that are related to privacy
- Assist in responding to privacy related questionnaires
- Assist in negotiating and drafting DPAs
- 3-5 years (excluding internship) of relevant legal experience (preferably in the fintech sector) as an in-house lawyer in a legal department of a high-tech company or in the high-tech department of a top-tier law firm – a must
- Experience working for or with global companies – a must
- Proficiency in Privacy Law – a must
- CIPP/E certification – advantage.
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Excellent legal, business judgment and strategic thinking, team-player with outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptionally strong communication and interpersonal skills across all channels
- Efficient and creative problem-solver, comfortable with ambiguity, complexity, and nuance
- Able to take ownership of fast-paced projects with rapidly shifting priorities, managing them through to completion with patience, flexibility, and poise
- Ability to speak and write English fluently (part of the interview will be conducted in English)
- Experience in the payments/finance sector – advantage